Rural Hall

If you have any enquiries or would like to hire the hall please call the Information Centre on 01786 841250.

The Rural Hall was gifted by Mrs Henderson of Argaty, in 1924, as a meeting place for the Doune branch of the Scottish Women’s Rural Institute, with land for the building was given by the Earl of Moray.

Rural Hall, Doune

Belonging to the Community

The transfer of ownership of the Hall to the community was completed in June 2010. The Kilmadock Development Trust (KDT) obtained almost 100k to restore and fit it out as a viable village hall. The money was obtained from a range of funders, including the Climate Challenge Fund for replacement windows, along with grants from the Lottery, Community Pride and the Wind Farm Trust, and the building is now in a good state of repair. In addition, in more normal times, fund raising events are held throughout the year. 

Over the years the hall has hosted over 20 local community groups, organisations and businesses and it is also used for community and other consultations. Around 10 community groups regularly use the hall. It is also used extensively by local groups and organisations for meetings, presentations and social occasions, plus it is also a popular location for children’s (and grown-ups) parties, including a wedding reception.

 

Rural Hall

Northlea

DOUNE

FK16 6DH