Kilmadock Information and Heritage Centre (and Doune Post Office)
You can find us at The Cross, the junction of Main Street with Balkerach Street.
Contact details – KDT Ltd, 61-63 Balkerach Street, Doune FK16 6DF
Information Centre phone number – 01786 841250
Doune Post Office phone number – 01786 841 219
The Information Centre is the best place to go for anything you need to know about the area. It is situated at The Cross in the Centre of Doune and also includes the Doune Post Office.
Both the Information Centre and Post Office are run by the Kilmadock Development Trust (KDT), which is a company Ltd by guarantee, with charity status. It is the community trust for the Parish of Kilmadock, from where it gets its name. The Information Centre is staffed and run by volunteers. Learn more on our Kilmadock Development Trust (KDT) page.
Do drop in for a browse. We are very friendly, and can answer most questions (and point you in the right direction if we can’t).
In the centre you will find:
- Tourist and local history information and books; including old maps, the census, valuation rolls and much more.
- Local guides and leaflets on local walks.
- Maps for walking, cycling and touring.
- An extensive range of new books on Scotland, on local information & history; also a large selection of children’s books and a really good range of second hand books (Donations welcome).
- A good range of stationery, cards and wrapping paper.
- Postcards and handmade cards..
- A range of interesting locally crafted gifts, we are currently supporting more than 10 local artists.
- Colour and black & white photocopying up to A3 & laminating.
- Internet Access.
- The Post Office, which is now run by the KDT with paid part time staff.
- Booking details for The Rural Hall, which the Trust owns and runs.
The Centre has also become a key social centre, providing a meeting place and base within the community for a wide variety of local groups and organisations; including consultation meetings with Stirling Council and Police Scotland.
If you are interested in being part of the KDT as a member or volunteer (or both) please drop in and have a chat. Volunteering in the Centre can be fun, and you meet lots of interesting people, locals and visitors alike. (Training is provided and it is all about knowing where to signpost people rather than having to remember everything.)