This page is a list of useful resources for the Doune and Deanston community during the Pandemic. It covers a wide range of Government guidance and NHS Covid-19 advice.
Distance Aware Scheme
Jan 2022 – As we move out of COVID-19 restrictions, the Scottish Government has just announced the Distance Aware scheme. This will make free badges and lanyards available to people who wish to show others they would welcome additional space and extra care while out in public. It is a voluntary initiative to help those on the Highest Risk List or anyone who feels worried about mixing with others as we adapt to living with COVID-19. More information is available HERE
Covid-19 Advice (Scotland) as of 15th Dec 2021
To help protect yourself and others this winter:
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- limit the amount of social contact you have with other households – gather in groups of no more than 3 households
- avoid crowded places – shop at quieter times and follow safety measures in shops and other places
- if you don’t have symptoms take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people – get LFD tests
- if you have symptoms – self isolate and book a PCR test
- wear a face covering where required
- work from home if you can
- take an LFD test each time before you visit someone in a hospital or care home
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland
You will find wider ranging advice at the Scotland Coronavirus web-site
Doune Pharmacy: The Woodside tel 01786 841216, open 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday
NHS Forth Valley vaccination programme
Fake vaccination text message scams (Which? magazine)
Feb 2021 Scottish Covid Roadmap
9th March 2021 Latest Gov Advice
Coronavirus Update 9th August 2021 Scotland has now moved out of the level system (0-4).
Struggling with Lockdown? Try here for ideas.
Latest STEP Business Support Info.
Stirling Libraries Covid Opening
Scottish Parliament main page with links to latest COVID-19 advice
Scottish Covid-19 Daily Update updated daily with the latest graphs – well worth a look
Scottish Parliament COVID-19 committee
Government infection prevention advice